Our programs aim to positively transform the lives of our clients
The primary beneficiaries of our services include
- low-income immigrants and refugees from diverse national origins, particularly those with limited English proficiency
- individuals from diverse national backgrounds, including but not limited to:
- Afghan, Burmese, Congolese, Ecuadorian, Eritrean, Iranian, Iraqi, Somalian, Sudanese, Syrian, and Ukrainian newcomers.
These populations often face numerous barriers including:
- language and cultural differences
- limited or disrupted education
- unfamiliarity with U.S. customs and institutions
- the aftermath of trauma and displacement
How We Help
Mainstream service providers, though equipped to assist the general population, often lack the cultural competency and understanding required to effectively serve these communities.
Integrating into a new community can be a difficult and long-term process, ECDC ACC’s programs aim to positively transform the lives of our clients and for them to become productive members of their communities.