Resettlement Home Essentials
We welcome in-kind donations of furniture and household items to support our mission of creating comfortable and welcoming homes for refugees. By providing essential items for home setups, you play a vital role in our mission to help refugees rebuild their lives and establish themselves in their new communities.
If you have gently used or new furniture, bedding, or household items to donate, please consider reaching out to arrange a donation. Your generosity directly helps those seeking safety and stability in the DC Metro area, playing a vital role in their journey towards hope and healing.
Email the Donations Coordinator to schedule a donation drop off or for questions.
We believe in extending a warm and heartfelt welcome to refugees as they embark on their journey to rebuild their lives in the DC Metro area. Our Welcome Kit Donation Option empowers you to make a meaningful impact and personally shop for a refugee.
- These pre-made kits contain essential items that ease their transition into new homes.
- Share this unique activity with children, family, or friends.
- Choose specific items to positively impact newly arrived refugee families in the DMV.
- By participating together, you show refugees that our community cares and welcomes them.
We’re committed to making every dollar count. Unless otherwise specified, each item in a ‘Welcome Kit’ can be purchased at your local dollar store. This approach ensures that we maximize the use of resources and direct your generosity where it’s needed most – directly to those we serve.
What’s in a Welcome Kit?
- Each kit is tailored to meet the immediate needs of two individuals who recently arrived.
- Designed for comfort and support during resettlement, you can personally shop for a Welcome Kit for $50, providing essentials for two individuals.
- For just $65, you can expand your support to a refugee family of four.
- View shopping list and more details.